Tuesday, January 22, 2008

haPPy biRThDay...aBigAil!

Its’ my unica iha’s birthday today. She’s now 16. Oh what a girl. Imagine, may 16 years old na akong dalaginding. The mother told me na may nagpadala pa raw ng bouquet early in the morning..Naks naman. Mukhang may admirer na. Kidding aside, maganda naman ang unica iha ko. (Syempre). Sa’n pa magmamana, di kundi sa nanay n’ya. Tama na ung sa akin na lang magmana ng talino. Sa kanyang Nanay na magmana ng lahat.

It makes me say a little prayer for my daughter. I prayed na sana maging maganda at worthwhile ang buhay n’ya. Every parents wishes na maging maganda ang buhay ng anak nila. “Magandang buhay” means, yumaman and maging successful sa anumang gagawin nila. Makakita ng magandang trabaho and be into a good relationship. In other words, everything should be A-OK.

In my solitude, I also ponder what could be growing up without hardship. I relate myself to the question, since my growing up was not made on silver platter. Just imagining the hardship I endured to be the person I am now. And yet, there were times that I also find it hard to cope with the everyday pressures this present day living gives. Sometimes, I’m thinking of giving a test on my daughter and see how much she can endure. Living in the near future won’t be that easy, and the toughest will have the greater chance of surviving.

No pain, no gain. Its’ what they say, but it truly meant what it says. Life is getting harder and harder, and we’re not sure of what the future holds on us. Our pains during our striving years could be well off with what these days’ offer. Even then, the way this generation copes will be a question. Baby boomers had already made their marks. Generation Xrs still has to earn their feathers. Millenials still has to find their directions.
Nonetheless, which ever generation you belong, challenges will be there. It only changed its name.

To my abi..happy birthday, anak!

No comments: